MESH Brightness is a light sensor that detects ambient light. You can use it to trigger all kinds of actions when light is detected in a certain range or even when there are changes in the brightness of ambient light.
For instance, an everyday box can be transformed into a smart box that speaks a greeting each time it's opened. Just place a MESH Brightness in a box and set it to "Detect Openness," which will trigger the audio greeting to play every time the box is opened.
MESH Brightness Features
- Brightness Change - Trigger an action if there is a change in ambient light;
- Detect Closeness - Trigger an action if the tag is detected to be concealed from light;
- Detect Openness - Trigger an action if the tag is detected to not be concealed from light;
- Check Brightness - Use another action, like a click of MESH Button, to check whether ambient light is within a set range and then trigger another action;
- Check Closeness - Use another action, like a click of MESH Button, to check whether the tag is concealed from light to trigger another action;
- Check Openness - Use another action, like a click of MESH Button, to check whether the tag is not concealed from light to trigger another action;
- Adjust brightness range between 1 to 10;
- Internet connectivity (via MESH App);
- Compatible with hundreds of gadgets and apps on IFTTT (If This Then That).
- The brightness tag sense things nearby using infrared rays. Therefore it may not be able to detect certain things depending on their position, direction or nature.
Size (width, height, depth): 24mm, 48mm, 12mm
Communication method: Bluetooth standards Ver. 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy)
Maximum communication distance: Line of sight - up to 30 Feet.
Power: built-in lithium-ion battery
External interface Micro USB (for charging only)
Operating temperature limit: 0C~35C
Battery charging time: approximately 1 hour (it can be influenced by temperature and usage.)
Corresponding devices: The MESH app can be used with iPad（3rd generation）、iPad mini、iPhone 4S、iPod Touch (the 5th generation and up) with iOS8.0 installed.